What Are Some Popular Destinations Along The Oro Valley/Tucson Loop?
There are many, many incredible destinations on or near our loop system. The most popular include:
- Catalina State Park. Bike to Catalina State Park and go hiking.
- Biking from Tucson to Oro Valley for the most scenic portion of the Tucson metro area.
- Biking to Downtown Tucson for great restaurants, bars, history. Remember: take the Congress Exit.
- Biking to Downtown Tucson for fantastic murals on buildings depicting our rich history.
- Fourth Avenue! Fourth Ave is Tucson’s lively, artsy, grungy student zone with tons of restaurants and coffee shops. Fourth Ave connects easily to Downtown Tucson.
- University of Arizona: One of the world’s great universities is on display for you with easy access from The Loop. The U of A offers one of the most gorgeous campuses you will ever see for biking.
- Mercado San Agustin: A very quaint area featuring many shops and eateries. Exit at Congress. Enjoy great coffee at Presta Roasters, ice cream at Dolce and great Mexican food at Seis Kitchen. The Mercado is a cyclists haven. The yellow jackets and spandex rule here.
- Tucson Boneyard: The Tucson Boneyard is the largest aviation, aircraft boneyard in the world. The government claims it is actually profitable. This is in South Tucson just off The Loop.
- BMX biking! Yes, the Kory Laos Freestyle BMX Park is also on The Tucson Loop! Take your kids here, then grab your road or hybrid bike and get a ride in while your kids try to kill themselves. This BMX park is in the north/central side of The Loop.